Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Burn, Baby, Burn & Day 3

Out with the old to make room for the new....
Canadian artist Robert Genn is also a great writer and inspiration.  When he recently discovered he had a terminal condition he began culling his work so that he could curate what was left behind.  While I am thankfully in good health, he nevertheless made me think about cluttered work spaces and cluttered minds. This prompted a clean out of closets, stacks, stashes and shelves.  His idea of a bonfire appealed to me so we planned one in conjunction with welcoming the new year.  My husband thinks I have hoarding tendencies so he was on board with set up and prep.
It was tricky slicing up canvas with my left hand but very cathartic as well.  Good riddance you nagging failures.
It was a very hot but beautiful fire.  We invited a couple over and as I fed the fire the other three played their musical instruments and we sang under a new moon as the new year rolled in.  I feel empowered and cleansed.  No regrets.

DAY THREE of 30 in 30 is "Rebellious Roses"  
  7" x 5" watercolor on paper; limited left-handed edition!


Enjoy your weekend....and yes, for me the weekends do count in the one-a-day-challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Cindy and I love your New Year cleansing ritual. I must also commend you for taking on a painting a day while recovering from surgery and using your non dominant hand.
    Many good things are in store for you I can only imagine, brava! And thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed you are doing these with your wrong hand. WOW. Typos shmipos. Cut yourself some slack - your art is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.