Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Lefty Loosey

Day 4 is deceiving...
I am barely into the 30 day challenge and I'm thinking that I actually like this painting of opened tulips; however, it is loose, so loose you might call them azaleas or peonies.  Does that matter?
Straight lines are very difficult for me with the left hand...while it is waiting for a message from the brain it either jerks off on its on path or waivers in nervous hesitation, making blobs of ink or color instead of a line.  So the 4 "straight" lines in this piece are an accomplishment.


While wanting to keep things simple i knew it was only a matter of time before I would want more colors than my travel palette offers.  So i dug around in the closet, risking life and limb, and found my old plastic w/c palette.  Some of my favorite colors are all used up so that will be another scouting project (aren't i glad i did not toss them years ago??!)  But i made do with what was here. Ever onward!!  
Cindy

p.s. i was beginning to get worried about future paintings since my right hand fingers are still numb...at 2 a.m. an imagination can be cruel.  But after seeing the doc  i can report that all is progressing normally and i should be wielding a right handed brush in a month. 

5 comments:

  1. I had to go back a few days to find out why you are using your left hand. Yikes! I can't believe you could paint so beautifully with your non-dominant hand! You must be a true artist! This I could NOT do. I've been having some pain and stiffness in both of my arms and shoulders the last few days and it has really slowed me down. I guess getting old has a lot of not so nice surprises. (And I didn't even think I was that old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonderful bright colors really caught my eye on the thumbnails. Its a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all! You're fueling my fires to continue... I definitely like bright colors. The left-handed exercise is really opening up my eyes, literally and figuratively! There may be a lesson/workshop/article on all of this... You just never know but thanks for taking a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting Cindy... I just finished my left-handed painting in honor of your healing shoulder. I'll be posting it tomorrow..... Wow.... it's a lot harder than I expected. I mean, I knew it would be difficult, but the painting kept sliding around the table. You were wise to use the tablet. And, you've got a real point about straight lines being difficult.... Am so glad that I'm doing my empathy painting just once a week.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.