Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2 - tulips

It helps if everything is ready to go, no putzing around which risks putting off the exercise.  I gathered some magazine pics to work from choosing flowers and then later switching to figures...who knows if plans laid will be plans made?  Watercolor is not my medium so I have lots of experiments taking place here.  i think i shoulda coulda pushed the darks a bit more - however i have decided there is no way to fail if i get something, anything on the paper.  this might actually be fun.....

to view art by some of the other 300 participants in 30 in 30 

11 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Cindy!

    Let's rock this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flowers. If you're still using your offhand, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work, Cindy! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - hard to tell you've switched hands and mediums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys have made my day...and thanks Cindy D. for the new (to me) term "off hand," gonna use that one soon! This exercise, altho not one I'd choose to do, is really making me slow down and look.....isnt that one of the basic tenants of painting? more to come. thanks for you encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely applaud the way you embrace a challenge. And I adore your grace, Cindy. Thank you for sharing your endeavors. So inspiring! Plus, your paintings are amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. well ms artsy, embracing a challenge seems to be a way of life for those i am hanging out with!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice rendering Cindy.. don't sprain that other hand working too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry for repeating myself lol

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.