Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 25, 2019

In ancient Roman religion and myth, 
Janus is the god of beginnings, 
gates... passages, and endings. He is usually depicted 
as having two faces, 
since he (she) looks to the future and to the past.
(this tidbit from Wikipedia)





I've been looking at the past a lot this month, reflecting on what I'm most proud of doing and on what I wish I had done better.  Not just in 2018 but for a hunk of time, chunks of years...we do that as we get older and realize the days ahead are numbered!  And just like the Roman god Janus, a part of me is also looking forward....eagerly S T R E T C H I N G into the future full of new ideas and challenges. 


But as they say "somethin's gotta give..."

And thus I write my last regular Friday blog.  

After more than 9 years of rarely missing a Friday, after composing and editing over 505 submissions, after searching for new and different ways to make art interesting to non-artists and artists alike...well, it's time to take a break.

I think I will miss this writing effort a whole lot more than any of my readers. Deadlines held me accountable.  Sharing has a way of keeping one honest: in work, production, stories and mission.  Reader feedback gave me raw appraisals not only of my art work but on ideas I tried to articulate.  Knowing you were "out there" kept me on task!

I have waivered....just as I made a "firm" decision to quit, I got a note of appreciation from a Florida reader who thanked me for giving her, a non-painter, a new understanding of art and a new way of looking at it.  Then a note came from someone sharing that her painting of mine looks grand in her new home.....what was I doing cutting off all this warm and fuzzy contact?? Am I crazy?

Maybe.  But just as I had no idea what to expect when I wrote about 50 words on that first blog entry almost 10 years ago, I have no idea what this opening of possibilities will bring down the road.  I just feel that I should do it.

I won't say good-bye.  Unless you delete your subscription it will remain active and when, if, I do have something exciting to share I will blog about it and you will be the first to know.  We just won't be having coffee together every Friday.  



If I can remember to update my webpage you can also see any new stuff there...or you can write me and I'll send you a personal update.  Meanwhile....meanwhile....who knows where this will lead?  I have some thoughts on the drawing board, some ideas on the project table but mostly I'm looking forward to some serious mulling.  

Now that the month named for Janus draws to a close I hope your own looking back and looking forward has provided new insights as well.  Change is good.  Let's jump into 2019 together making a huge splash (or a gentle ripple) and see where we come up.  Stay in touch.



COLOR FULLY YOURS,
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. I am really going to miss your blogs Cindy, you always kept it interesting, informative and fun. All will be forgiven as long as you keep doing what your doing, making wonderful art. I hope this leaves you time for even more adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.