Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Moby Wins Again

Remember when I mentioned the fabulous Mystery Build contest where you order a box and turn the contents into something creative related to the theme they have chosen?  Well, I am pleased to say that artist/friend Carmen Beecher and I have completed our submission...ahead of schedule even!!
We opened our box to see this:
and using only those contents (the addition of paint was permitted) we turned it into this:
Well, that is only a tiny view of what we did, I didn't want to reveal all our secrets just in case one of you out there is competing with us.  But that's a closeup of Captain Ahab, he of the peg leg, and of  Ishmael clinging to Queepeg's coffin. Carmen was a ball of creativity and it was really fun to bounce ideas around and then to "play" in the actual creation. 

I am also announcing this finished product because come November we will ask you for a big, big favor: there is a People's Choice Award (and a large sum of $$ that goes with it) and we will be soliciting your votes of support.  You are allowed to vote once a day and we will be sure you are aware of the "window of opportunity" when it starts.  I'll also share with you then the video we had to submit (as I said, this was a real challenge) of our assembly and construction. 

On another note: all of us, artists and non-artists alike, share a curiosity about studios.  A virtual friend, Marla Laubisch has created the perfect glimpse into the working spaces of a variety of artists.  She has dubbed it a Blog Carnival and I liken it to a home tour on-line.  Via my blog you will be linked to other artists and by clicking on their name you will go to a photographic tour of the place where they make their craft.  So that means you will be getting a bonus blog (I like to think of it that way) from me this weekend which tours my NC studio and provides links to other studios as well.  You can visit at your leisure, sit down with your favorite beverage and amble along as it suits.

Hope you enjoy it.  Now I need to run straighten up my work space, it seems I am expecting a lot of visitors!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.