Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Caught!

You caught me!  This blog is late by about 24 hours and there is a very good reason why: I'm having a little too much summer fun.  My painting has mostly been on my saint series so my out-of-the-studio activities have ranged from jaunts to NYC and DC to mountain hiking.  I've been making colorful little pot holders, mosaic stepping stones, and lamps (yes, wiring lamps!). So I'm like a kid out of school and have no profound tidbits from the art world to pass along.....

However......
I did want to share this cute reminder of what summer is all about.  I was foraging in a friend's studio recently and she had this laying on her desk ready to color in and fill out:
(click HERE to see how to get your own copy, its from pen & paint blog
my thanks to Cheri at artsymatilda)

It reminded me that if I don't write down a few of the fun goals I had for the summer (rent a canoe on Price Lake, swim in Elk River, hike part of the mtn to sea trail...) they wouldn't get done.
So I am sharing this with you in case you need to color in your own summer bucket list and get started checking them off.  After all, school is out and it is time to kick back and play a little...or a lot!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.