Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Do You See What I Sea?


Long Key
10" x 5" oil on board
 
 
Do you see what I see?  The gorgeous turquoise waters of the Florida Keys?  Can you smell the briney air and feel the island breezes?  Do the colors make you wonder why the horizon is dark and there are shadow patches here and there of dark blue and green?  Of course this could be any beach you are fond of but this was painted at a picnic table from our campsite on Long Key.  For fun I pulled out my palatte knife instead of a brush and went to work.  Not that it took less time than a brush...but somehow holding the knife made me attempt to capture everything BUT the detail.  I went back to it several times while it lay there drying, tweaking it and playing with it.  But finally I was satisfied.  Now and then I really like something I produce, I mean really like.  And this is one of them.
 


(I tried two different frames on it.  This is brown wood.  I haven't decided which I like better.)
 
 
Until I decide I can't live without this piece you can literally steal it here.  And you may choose the style frame you like best for it.  Meanwhile I have a few more palatte knife pieces to share with you...and I look forward to doing some more!
 

(here is the gold frame)
 
 
Do you think one of the frames is better for the art or that it is a matter of where you would place it?
Would love to hear your opinion on that. Maybe frame selection tips would be a good blog subject some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.