Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Plymouth Rockers...

Plymouth Rockers     acrylic on tin
I'm just a little infatuated with chickens...and painting on salvaged tin!  Here are two more chicks, Barred Plymouth Rock variety, on a long narrow piece of roofing tin.  After cleaning the tin I coat it with a clear gesso which helps the paint adhere for the long term.  Then I have some fun.    The grey color of the tin makes it a little hard for an amateur to photograph but the colors come through nicely on the original.  I have a couple more pieces that I will be working on...perhaps of some other subjects! 
 
My son raised chickens during high school and I never thought I would say that I now miss them.  But I actually loved gathering and eating the eggs...the work part was his responsibility!  Just in case you wondered, the breed above is supposed to be good "layers." And if they are anything at all like the chickens we had in the backyard, once they lay an egg they make all kind of noise advertising the fact! 
 
If this looks like a piece for your kitchen just send me an email!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.