Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Where there's a will....

So you know I try to "art" 5 days out of 7; it's my job, my passion and the only way to improve. Now imagine my challenge when hubby-love retired, bought a camper, a truck and began plotting our future all in the same month!? Breathe....

Nothing like a steep learning curve for starting a new year! This blog finds me in a wooded campsite just a stone's throw from the ocean and a spit from the river somewhere between Ponte Vedra and St Augustine beaches in Florida. And there is nothing like a blog deadline to keep one honest with one's goals. In that context I can assure you that I will be learning to make more portable art as well as learning to connect technologically from many different locales. I look forward to sharing with you what I learn...and maybe we can hit a few fine galleries and museums together as well.

Since I can't figure out (yet) how to insert pics with commentary, here's the jist:
1- ink sketch of old trees on shore of Tolomoto River, not sure if I have patience for such work

2 and 3 - beginning passes on the best conch shell I ever found, it's whole and relatively undamaged. Found this morning so it deserves to be drawn. I'll get back to it now.

Happy New Year!







Post a Comment