Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Off Trail


I find myself painting versions of this scene often: a backlit mountain creek
running through the woods as it ripples over the stones.
I guess that's because such a scene is one of my favorite places to be and as
such I am never quite satisfied with my interpretation on paper. It's a lot to ask:
capturing the beauty of an area as well as all the wonderful
feelings and thoughts you held while there.
But I will keep trying.
Hope you don't tire of this scene...I can guarantee there are many more interpretations
waiting to be painted!
Pastel, 5 x 5
matted in white, 12 x 9
comes framed in black
$100.00


1 comment:

  1. I would like to crawl right into this scene, the visual as well as the sensation-al. Even puts me in mind of Twin Brook . . .

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.