Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Photos DO Lie


pastel, 8" x 10"

This hummingbird taught me a little something about finishing and framing art.  I had declared this
 piece done so I signed it, shot a quick photo and framed it.
I hung it on the wall to admire and over the course of a couple of days it sort of
disappeared.  I mean, it was almost non-noticiable.  It's in a heavy plein air silver frame but
I am not sure it was the frame's fault.
I just wasn't happy so I laboriously de-framed the little hummer and took
him back to the easel.


Here's the re-do.
Funny thing: while this piece now looks great back in the frame and on the wall; it
really looks rather garish in the photo.
Go figure.
Anyone else ever have this conundrum?
Photos do lie.

Post a Comment