Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Deckside


pastel, 10" x 10"

Sometimes I get so anxious to see a piece framed that I forget to take a photo of it before
it goes under glass!  Case in point: look closely and you will see my
image reflected in the glass of this painting...ooops!
This is another in a series of compositions I am doing of the view of
Grandfather Mountain from a friend's back deck in Seven Devils.
Wouldn't you love to greet the day here with coffee
and then close it from the same seat with a glass of wine?
Despite the lousey photo, this
piece is archival and will be around for the next 200-300 years!
Sobering, huh?


framed 16" x 16"


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I want to sit in that chair.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I have done that many times! Love your painting! Beautiful warm colors...would I ever like to sit there with a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny about your reflection! Still and all, it's a lovely painting. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.