Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Make Way for COLOR!

This is from a hike in the Grand Tetons National Park...and this shows a view
of the Grand Teton.  The piece is 11 x 14 done in pastel on top of a watercolor wash on clayboard.
But I am sharing it to make a color statement!  Out of the gate for the new year i
decided to let it rip and give "local color" (lingo for the real color match) the
boot and use a little "emotional color." Woo-hoo, I feel
like I am back on the trail hiking the scenic views.
Well, I'll admit the neon green is a bit harsh...I'll tone it down...maybe!
Here's a detail of the lower front where we stepped down on the trail to pass between the rocks.

One more detail of the star of the show...the grandest of all 5 Tetons and its
glaciers.
I haven't posted this for sale yet so contact me if interested.
Meanwhile I hope your new year got off to a lovely start and that you have exciting plans
ahead.  You can bet that mine will include lots of color!!
Best wishes,
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Cindy! Color is my favorite part of ALL art. You really have captured the beauty of it all here. Simply GORGEOUS! It must've been a splendid hike! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. t'was breathtaking (in more ways than one!!). Thanks for the comment,

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Cindy. The colors are so strong and make such a powerful statement.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.