Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Make Way for COLOR!

This is from a hike in the Grand Tetons National Park...and this shows a view
of the Grand Teton.  The piece is 11 x 14 done in pastel on top of a watercolor wash on clayboard.
But I am sharing it to make a color statement!  Out of the gate for the new year i
decided to let it rip and give "local color" (lingo for the real color match) the
boot and use a little "emotional color." Woo-hoo, I feel
like I am back on the trail hiking the scenic views.
Well, I'll admit the neon green is a bit harsh...I'll tone it down...maybe!
Here's a detail of the lower front where we stepped down on the trail to pass between the rocks.

One more detail of the star of the show...the grandest of all 5 Tetons and its
glaciers.
I haven't posted this for sale yet so contact me if interested.
Meanwhile I hope your new year got off to a lovely start and that you have exciting plans
ahead.  You can bet that mine will include lots of color!!
Best wishes,
Cindy

Post a Comment