Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Is It?

I'm one of those curious types that wants to know a little about a lot of things...so I often assume that everyone has as many questions about things as I do!  To that end I've decided to run a little series on my Thursday blog addressing some usual and unusal questions that arise about art.  Lucky for me I have lots of very knowledgable friends willing to help me;  the format will include questions and answers with them as well as photos of their work.

Part of the fun of a blog is the opportunity to interact with the writer (or the guest!) and so I will encourage you to feel free to post questions and comments if you have them.  I promise to get the guest to address them all.  Those of you who "follow" are familiar with the comment section of a blog.  For those who receive the commentary on your email you will need to go to the blog directly (I will provide a link) and scroll down to the end of the writing and click on the word COMMENTS, it is little but don't hit the envelope or it will think you want to email the blog.  A box will come up for your comment or question and after you write and click, don't go away, you will be asked to duplicate some letters just to confirm that you are a person, not a spamming machine!  While you are there you can read other people's comments as well.

I'll be introducing you to collectors, plein air artists, encaustics, the art of the blog and, as they say: much, much more.  I hope you will enjoy this change of pace for a few weeks...I know I got a lot of my questions answered so maybe some of yours will be as well!  Enjoy....and feel free to get to know my guests.

3 comments:

  1. What is it????????????
    To me it looks like bolts of fabric hanging in a rack at your local fabric store.
    Do I win a prize? :))) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a display of beautiful papers to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirk, Donna gets the prize: they are papers for sale at the local art store!! But oops, I forgot to offer a prize, next time!

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.