Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Successful Studio Tour

Saturday was our annual holiday tour with over 13 studios in the Greater Melbourne Area participating.  By all accounts it was a great success: a gorgeous day, steady traffic and a lot of fun for the 8 artists I show with, a lot of work, but definitely a lot of fun!  Even without a report from our cash register, I know we were all satisfied.


Most of the art bought however was by individuals looking for something for their own home.  I know this because we chatted a bit with everyone.  While we had specific items termed "gifting products" (notecards, cookbooks, vases, totes etc) I still conclude that most of the buying was for the person writing the check.  I think that is because giving art can be a bit tricky. Who's accounting for the taste of someone else?

But with some thought and planning, gifting art can be of the most appreciated and memorable gifts ever. I address this issue, some do's and don'ts, in a recent post on my website.  To read it go to: http://www.cindymichaud.com/ , click on Colorful Thoughts and consider the points made.  As artists we, of course, want to sell.  But as gift recipients almost anyone would be thrilled to receive something original, memorable (and quite possibly one-of-a-kind) selected just for them.  It's a 'colorful thought' you might want to consider.

Wish I had some photos of our set up...unfortunately I broke my left elbow not long ago and was juggling enough one-armed keeping up with the setting up and socializing!  No hand to snap a photo for sharing.

Now back to the studio, no rest for the weary!  I have two donations due for exhibits in March but they want the product in January...more on those later.

Enjoy something holiday-ish today!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.