Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cider Time a la Qiang

One more wanna-be from the workshop with Qiang Huang: Cider Time.  What took the "master" 2.5 hours and minimal strokes took me 4 hours to lay it in and a studio session to finish....with at least a million strokes.  My poor apples lost their "glow" at one point and it was no easy task trying to find it!

But that's why he is the teacher and I the humble grasshopper.  It was my sincerest intention to follow the workshop with several weeks of intense remedial work to practice all that we learned on still life painting.  Alas! I fell on my elbow and broke the funny bone clean off.  Even though I lucked out and damaged the left one (I am right handed) this "incident" did put a crimp in my oil painting.  I'll be posting graphite for a little bit....hoping to return to oil soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.