Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, July 27, 2018

Pink Cosmos




I love flowers and those that grow outside the confines of a tightly orchestrated garden are my favorite.   I guess I fantasize the "rebel" aspect of wild flowers over those that are cultivated and hybrid-ated and pushed so close to perfection that any individual personality becomes lost in the translation.  My friend Barbara grows flowers and every year is a new revelation as to what and where the colors will root and thrive.  No two springs or summers have ever been alike.  

These cosmos appeared almost as an afterthought...they were spread out in a field that was designated for vegetables.  They danced in the wind and I was totally smitten.  


I started this piece with transparent acrylics that work almost like watercolors.  They flow and drip and stain without the plastic-y feel that most acrylics have.  I simply wanted to make my hand dance like the blooms did the day I captured them by photo.

I put this away for a few days and then returned to it with oils.


12 x 9 on canvas
available

Apparently cosmos are edible and easy to grow.  I wouldn't know.  But I do know that the pink ones are stunning against a backdrop of green. The "love flower" certainly seduces.

...and just like that (snap) July is done?!  Enjoy the full moon tonight.

Feeling Pink,
Cindy
p.s.  I do apologize if the type set on your screen view is wacky...it won't allow me to fix it and I cannot figure out what caused it.  Sorry.  

1 comment:

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.