Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Camping in Living Color


                We are camping....in our little silver home on wheels dubbed the Flying Pig (ll)!  Just learning how to use all the gigets and gadgets on the "rig," we are taking several practice runs to work out all the kinks.  We have big plans for this little pull behind and many of them include art!  So of course I will be sharing.


But meanwhile, a dear artist friend shared the photo below of artist Emily Carr who captured the wilderness in crazy line and color while traveling in this funky get up below.




No doubt they considered her a "wild woman." Check here to learn more about her amazing and inspiring story.  You can see more of her art at this site.  She was definitely not afraid to try new things, to experiment with different media and to test the limits of current trends.  My heroine of art.

So, please know that while I am temporarily "out of the office", I am working hard mentally to plan some fun and very colorful painting projects.  Back soon.

Thumb out,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.