Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, November 14, 2014

ArtWorks of Eau Gallie


When a young committee years ago decided to christian their street showing of art "ArtWorks" they knew they had encapsulated many meanings into their name.  But this week I am experiencing one meaning I hadn't thought of, namely "Art Works the artist..." oh my, this is the only street show I do and I now know why!  The stamina, physical and mental, it takes is enormous, and that is after the art is painted.

But first an invite to join us: November 22 and 23 on Highland Avenue in the heart of EGAD (the Eau Gallie Arts District).  From 10 until 5 both Saturday and Sunday, with a preview party on Friday, over 100 artists of all types will be sharing their work for pleasure and for sale.  It is always fun for the visitor because participants are required to be demonstrating their craft throughout the show...yikes, another expense of energy for the Art to Work.  Click on the dates here to read more.


So I have been doing a lot of this above: framing.  Sometimes I have the perfect frame in my home inventory and I can make it come together.  This show however has entailed numerous trips back and forth to the framers so he and I can get it all done in time.  And, no, I don't want to sell this piece for any less money without the frame (just one of the crazy questions people often ask).

The next several nights will be spent in choosing what to (very carefully) pack to carry and hang in the tent and in making the tags that need to legibly state title, size, media and price.  Then guessing what the weather will be so proper clothes, food etc is on hand for a long night and two days of being very pleasant to folks strolling the streets.  Will somebody please remind me why I do this?



So you fully understand the challenge let me also add that the painter showed up (we were in a three month queue) yesterday to begin painting every room in our house!  And with no time to start second guessing the bold color choices I had made many moons ago he transformed our kitchen into the loveliest of colors:turquoise!  WOW.  Go big or go home I always say.  Lest you think me totally crazy I fell in love, and was inspired by, the painting of the rooster on the right above.  Painted by the wonderful Frits van Eeden, I purchased Sir Rooster quite a while back when Frits was closing his gallery to return to Holland.  It just called to me and I never got around to hanging it up until we decided the house needed some new paint.

So get ready.  See the little hint of orange/coral in the upper right side of the piece?  That, my friend is the bold new color of the dining room which will also sport a turquoise glass chandelier.  And yes, you see yellow test patches in the living room?  No white walls in this place.  Cant wait to really dig in and clear out the domino of clutter caused by shifting one room into another during this process.  And yes, we hired a painter....I am known for kicking over buckets, dragging wet drop cloths over furniture and sticking screw drivers into outlets....we actually save money by hiring a pro!

So come see me at the festival...color can inspire exciting changes.

Color Fully Yours,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.