Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 24, 2014

When Pigs Fly...#24

Somedays you just gotta laugh!  When what starts as a great idea fails, and fails again, and fails again... It's time to back up and take a different route.  So laugh with me here...while nothing is a guaranteed success there is much to be gained by failures, or so I am told.

Day #24 was to be a contour drawing of a cute figurine I have of a pig with wings.  Flying pigs is a current family mantra/joke and I could just see it in a small painting, framed, representing all the humor it involves. So I got ready to draw a masterpiece of cuteness.



Now, this is one mean looking pig...not acceptable at all.  (And it was the second one I attempted.)



It took four tries to get a decent looking (i.e. not mean) faced porker and about then I was losing interest in the entire thing.  I have a painting started I am itching to get to and was far more vested in seeing if I could manage a palette knife with my lefty than whether or not I could draw an imaginary swinelet.




So I gave it the ole'college try and decided to head on over to the paints.  My muse wants to play with Eola Park a bit more so stay tuned for another round of the fountain.  The pigs will have to fly another time: day #24 is done and over!

1 comment:

  1. You're cracking me up, Cindy. But, I really do appreciate artists who show their processes and their failures.

    I just read a short blog post, from Gloria Hansen, about an online class she took. In it, she was taught to embrace “intelligent fast failure." The idea being that more failures produce more successes.

    Her post is at http://www.gloriahansen.com/weblog/?p=8832

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.