Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 24, 2014

When Pigs Fly...#24

Somedays you just gotta laugh!  When what starts as a great idea fails, and fails again, and fails again... It's time to back up and take a different route.  So laugh with me here...while nothing is a guaranteed success there is much to be gained by failures, or so I am told.

Day #24 was to be a contour drawing of a cute figurine I have of a pig with wings.  Flying pigs is a current family mantra/joke and I could just see it in a small painting, framed, representing all the humor it involves. So I got ready to draw a masterpiece of cuteness.



Now, this is one mean looking pig...not acceptable at all.  (And it was the second one I attempted.)



It took four tries to get a decent looking (i.e. not mean) faced porker and about then I was losing interest in the entire thing.  I have a painting started I am itching to get to and was far more vested in seeing if I could manage a palette knife with my lefty than whether or not I could draw an imaginary swinelet.




So I gave it the ole'college try and decided to head on over to the paints.  My muse wants to play with Eola Park a bit more so stay tuned for another round of the fountain.  The pigs will have to fly another time: day #24 is done and over!

Post a Comment