Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, December 27, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things...


 In closing out 2013 and looking forward to 2014 I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things (art-related of course).  Please feel free to hum along...I hear Julie Andrews singing in the background! And boy was it hard to choose just a "few..."
Started the year with drawing classes from Jon Houghton
Collage paintings, this one inspired by Patti's chickens
Art for the Pieces of 8 show:
Black & White and Read All Over
Many afternoons learning mosaic with friend Cheri
Painting "Healing Ceilings" for the Raleigh, NC Cancer Center
A surprise sailing trip to celebrate 60 with my sis
 All things related to my trip to Italy but especially the graceful Umbrella Pines and the awesome feeling of standing on the Appian Way... and any day Kelly took me out to paint!
The annual trip with the Pieces, this time to GA home of Phillis,
here is the barn at Washington Grass Inn
Painting some whimsy for my DiL Alex's laundry room
Camping with my husband in our new pop-up and capturing
the scenery in oil (St Augustine area)
More eye-candy: painting chairs just for fun
and knowing they have a new life!
".....when the bee stings, when the dog bites, when I'm feeling sad...I simply remember a few of these things and then I don't feel (crescendo....) so bad!"

With wishes for a  Colorful New Year for all of us.
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful choices! You are simply amazing, Cindy! xo
    Cheri~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a wonderful year. You're blessed. And what's even better: you KNOW that you're blessed and you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Cheri and Ellen, sharing with fellow creatives such as yourselves keeps the juices flowing...i don't take your influence for granted!!

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.