Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Just a Suit?

I truely thought I was finished with stones, for a while at least.  But this idea was in my head and just begged to be executed.  So I finally gave in:
Back in my office days I kept a couple of geodes on my desk.  Not only did I love geodes but they were a visual "mantra" for me.  You see, I worked with the "public" and more often than not the angry taxpayer was either on my phone or across from my desk.  No, I never threatened to throw the stones at them!  But once when I had to give a talk on "handling" the public I took the geodes as a visual prop.  Can you figure this out now?  Send me your thoughts and I will share them as well as mine in a future post.

Oh, and about the piece: it is 12" x 9" done in graphite (pencil) on a prepared board with a 1/2" cradle, no frame or glass needed.  I have not decided whether to sell it.  And here is a closeup of the geode, in reality this detail measures about 2.5 inches square.  I love the interior crystals.

And p.s.: thanks for missing me....I heeded the call of beach time with the family: wonderful & refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.