Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Bright as Gold

A friend snapped this photo as I was beginning work on a new piece while we were hanging out at the Guild.

She was understandably curious why I kept putting on and taking off color.

She felt better when I finally settled down to start drawing, several photos of the goldfinch as my reference.

At home I really got a bit more adventuresome with the colors.

I think he looks like he might fly off into the woods, but I've never seen a goldfinch on this property.
Here he is in his 9 x 6 glory....ready to fly into someone's home.
Meanwhile I think I will enjoy him, we've gotten to know each other so well!
Post a Comment