Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Best Friends

I knew it would happen!  I spent the weekend playing, not painting, so I have nothing brand new and finished to share.  However...here's a goodie done a while back: Best Friends, 10 x 8 on canvas in oil, black and white with a bit of warmth added.  I thought of it because I spent the weekend playing with my sister in D. C. and we had as much fun (or more) than two friends can have in 3 days!  The much larger version of this, done in pastel, sold a few years ago, but I still have this one.  I enjoyed watching these two girls that day in the park and knew that as a child, I would have been the more cautious one on the right, waiting for the little blond with her nose in the pond to report on what she had discovered.  That was my sister in her youth!  However, I now like to think, since I am older and wiser, that I would roll up my pants and be the one peering closely into the water full of curiosity.  If you have a special friend to give this to on Valentine's Day drop me a line: for a really good story and $25 (to cover  s & h) I will send this to her.

Now, back to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.