Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, May 18, 2018

Airstream Block Print Ready to Travel

Readers know I rarely use this blog as a sales 
platform - I much prefer to share art stories and insights,
HOWEVER this fun art story does end with a sales
pitch so beware; you are forewarned if you want to exit now.


Remember my little block print where I shared the carving and re-carving of a design I wanted to get right?  We were about to leave on a month long camping sojourn when I had an idea of what to do with this little jewel.


Matted in ecru, it fits perfectly in any 8 x 10 frame. I tucked a couple in our camper to take on the road.  My plan was to gift it to folks who were friendly and fun, enjoyed camping AND had an airstream.  (I'm not prejudiced but it is a take off on the airstream, see?).  I was going to take a chance, leave my comfort zone and meet some strangers.  

We were pulling out of Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Texas when I spotted a vintage Argosy camper (great history here), it was the shape of an AS but painted orange and cream...very cool.
We set up camp in Villa Nueva State Park in New Mexico and guess who pulls in?  Yep the beautiful Argosy with an adorable young couple and their gorgeous 3 little girls.  Bingo.  They had driven from CA to OK to acquire said RV and were just getting their feet wet.  They had an evolving plan to gut the piece and redo it.  Maybe a year of travel... We chatted a couple of times and they were sweet enough to stop by on their way out.  I thought they needed my little art piece and I hurried to retrieve my gift.  So sweet they were in receiving and...even better Momma (aka Melanie) is an interior designer!  Rave Interior Design  Can't wait to see where they hang it!  What a fun encounter - I'm anxious also to see how the Argosy evolves.

Feeling good about this beautiful encounter I was primed for my next recipient (at Ghost Ranch.)  We were in the campground when I spotted, not too far away, an older, shinier, larger model Airstream (I'm not up on knowing models and years).  Fairly soon a truck returned with a bike and a handsome young man.  I plotted and somehow we ended up in a really great conversation - he was leaving NYC and traveling (with all his worldly possessions) to CA where he might look for work.  James is a builder/designer and his airstream is also a work in progress.   You've got to check out his blog. He invited us in and as I looked around (think bachelor pad on wheels) I mentioned something was missing.  Without skipping a beat he answered, "yeah, a woman!"  Nah, I said "Art."  So I gifted him print #2.  His bio and his plans are as inspiring as Melanie's and her family's are.  Gee.  I wish them so much luck and good fortune.  

So the sales pitch:


I'm only going to mat 50 of these puppies and they are signed and numbered and ready for your recreational vehicle or to give to a friend.  Email me at art@cindymichaud.com and I will tell you how to pay via pay pal and get yours in the mail.  Oh, price: only $15.00 and $5.00 for shipping.  My husband declared me crazy but I do not want to eat these!  Fun to think where they might end up or who might check out my web and want a bigger painting.  (My first sale went to a really lovely photographer who had it Fed Ex'ed to her campsite in CA.) So there.  

Almost....I got a little carried away and you know I have a thing for "prayer flags."  Well a friend suggested the obvious so lookey here:


Camping prayer flags ready to bestow blessings far and wide.  The symbols represent the night, the plant growth, the camper folks, the critters and of course, the day.  Sending love and good vibrations across the land appropriate to each.






I am NOT making 50 of these and as colorful as they make my studio look it will be hard to part with any of them....hand printed, machine sewn, 15 feet of ribbon to hang....ready to age outdoors or in; pure joy!  Only $35.00 per set and $5.00 shipping which is about 5x more than you can buy imported, flimsy Tibetan prayer flags for.  But hey, this is art, each one lovingly handmade.
 (email: art@cindymichaud.com) 

In fact, I can't wait to hang mine during our next trip out...can't imagine having anymore fun meeting folks than we did this round but you never know.

COLORFUL BLESSINGS,
Cindy


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're meeting people and making friends. You're so good at that! And traveling art is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.