Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, February 3, 2017

The Great Blue

The Great Blue Heron is actually
very grey.  It can stand over 3 feet tall and
spread its wings nearly 6 feet wide.  I think it is one of the most elegant
creatures around and I found this one in the Florida Everglades.

The Great Blue possesses a dignity like none other.  We had one that often visited our front pond and when he (or she) arrived I would stand, captivated and in awe, silently at the screen door watching it.  I never grow tired of sighting these majestic birds.

Revisiting some travel photos I came across this heron spotted in the Florida Everglades.  I took several pictures including one of his sentinel-like posture in full statute.  But this one appealed to me to paint.  Tired, hiding? Resting? I'm not sure what was on his mind but his self assuredness was still evident.


Great Blue Sentinel, oil
available, rustic grey barn wood frame
contact art@cindymichaud.com

And speaking of travel... my bags and paints are once again packed for adventure!  In addition to going off grid somewhere in the bend of the Rio Grande, I am also headed overseas for some colorful sights and scenes.  I say this since depending on when and where I can get a whiff of internet, my blog may become somewhat irregular.  Your interest and support have been so important in my writing; so never fear, I'm still on it albeit at the mercy of those invisible wires!

Color Full Wishes,
Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.