Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, March 4, 2016

When A Man Loves A Woman...

...they say that the best art is produced when the artist
feels deeply about his subject...

and that was so evident at a recent wedding ceremony we were privileged to attend.  When John Taylor Ritter married Kelsey Dare Nielsen in the courtyard of the Ringling Museum of Art, the artist- groom shared four portraits he had done of the couple.  (Be still my heart!)  When I learned that he had done them in the style of specific "masters" I could barely contain my enthusiasm.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.  (He also displayed the quotes I have included here.)


"What is done in love, is done well."
Vincent Van Gogh




"Love is the greatest refreshment
in life."
Pablo Picasso



"The deepest and most lifelike emotion has been
expressed, and that's the reason they have
taken so long to execute."
Rembrandt




"There are some days when I think I'm
going to die from an overdose of
satisfaction."
Salvador Dali


To contact John you may message him at his page here (when he returns from his honeymoon.) As FSU grads the Ritters share a love of all things Seminole as evidenced by some of his other work:


John Ritter, artist
There is more of his work here.

Isn't it just amazing how art continues to enrich life?  Here's toasting a lifetime of color filled adventure for the couple, and a huge thank you to John for sharing his work in such a meaningful way.

Feeling the Love,
Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.