Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, July 31, 2015

An Invitation or "Accepting the Challenge"

Be Careful What You Wish For...Sometimes You Get It!!

About a year ago the manager of the Crossnore Fine Arts Gallery approached me about doing a solo exhibition.  "Yes!" I shouted, before responding firmly,"No."  "I'd love to,"I amended quickly, and then stuttered, "but...but...but."  "But what?" Heidi asked.  "You'll do great."  Deal closed.

What a loving show of confidence this woman displayed.  I have cherished every minute of preparation: research, painting, experimenting; and if for some reason the exhibit were never to take place I have still had the most adventurous year of work from which I have learned an enormous amount.  (Like never turn down a challenge.)

Here is my official invite to you:



If you are in this neck of the woods, please join us.  I think you will find the exhibit a little different from some because, well, you know: I like words almost as much as I love color. So I have created some narratives to accompany the journey towards sanctuary and a few interactive, non-2D pieces.
  
You may find an expression that mirrors your own definition of sanctuary.  And if not, at least you'll have an excuse to go out to dinner after a glass of wine with me and my friends.  

Thanks for your continuing support,
Appreciatively yours,
Cindy

Post a Comment