Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Misty Morning


Misty Morn
mixed media: graphite, acrylic
24" x 36"


Seems I've been awol a bit but lets blame it on the weather: too many days without the sun peeking through makes it difficult to photograph finished artwork.  But this is an appropriate painting to share as I have titled it "Misty Morn."  You may remember when it was on the easel a bit back...I remarked that for me it is quite large.  Two feet high by three feet wide is a lot of real estate to cover with a pencil.  And awkard!  But I enjoyed it and had fun making up stories that centered around the owners of the boat houses on the lake.  Of course we all know who the star of the show is...and honestly that was the color of the lone canoe in the photo taken by my daughter-in-law when she visited this scene.


detail

So I really have not abandoned the studio...just pressed for appropriate weather to record the goings-on.  Working on a much smaller graphite painting now.  I will share it with you soon.

And as an aside, thanks for your interest in my craft fair debut!  The flowers were fun to sell but we were so hot that our enthusiasm waned as the day went on: hot! hot! hot!  The best success has been friends ordering them on-line where I can pack and address in the cool a/c!!  Call me a wimp but no more heat of summer outdoor shows...who knows, maybe after this crop of blossoms exhausts themselves I will no longer be in the flower business.  Stay tuned for more art. 

1 comment:

  1. lovely! I can totally see the story here, Cindy. Loving the graphite work. And the glass flowers that are proudly sprouted in my garden!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.