Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Siblings


"Siblings"

We don't have aspen trees in Florida so these beautiful white trunks fascinated me
while we were in Montana this past summer.  I knew I wanted to
include them in my series of works on trees.
These are done in graphite (pencil) and enhanced with acrylic washes
on a cradled board, then sealed for protection and framed.
I like combining the attention of the fine detail done in graphite with
the seemingly more abstract splashes of color gotten with
the acrylic washes.
This piece is 16 x 20 unframed and slightly larger in its black floater frame.

Oh!  I almost forgot: my husband named this piece.
Coming from a large family I think he saw these trees as brothers and sisters
with their lives all entertwined and their stories tangled together.
I liked the fact that he was being to anthropomorphize
the trees...something I have always done!


This piece is available, click here.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece, Cindy. I would love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, how fun and exciting that we are both painting siblings!! :D I am so intrigued with the graphite and acrylic washes you are using, wish I could see it person! I love the composition!

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.