Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, February 17, 2012

The Golden (Red) Gate

 One of my favorite cities to visit: San Fransisco!
When my youngest left for college I decided to travel to the Golden Gate Bridge and
symbolically walk across it as I crossed into a new, hopefully golden, chapter
of my life.  What a great day that was!
I'd do it again...and again...

This special place is depicted in just 5 x 5 inches which precludes much detail and forces one to go for the important stuff right off the bat.  Lots of editing required. 
It is matted to a 12 x 9 size (height is always listed first).  Part of the fun of painting
these places is recalling the memories of when I was there and wondering if anyone
else has a unique story about the view?  Please share...

Post a Comment