Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Stones in the River


Watching the water flow over stones in a river is much like
watching the flames in a fire: very hypnotic and soothing.  I can lose myself on a river
bank for hours just watching and listening to the water dance over the different shapes
of the stones.

This painting is 18" high by 24" wide (before framing) and is done in acrylic with many transparent
layers on a gessoed board.  It is framed (see the photo below).  Funny, but as someone who usually paints in oils, I found using transparent layers of acrylic oddly meditative.






4 comments:

  1. I really like this one Cindy. How long did it take to paint? (Aside from all the meditation, of course.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of weeks on and off Kirk, I usually do several at once so I can switch out my brain. It was finished and then I had to go in and make some changes after it marinated a bit. With the acrylic drying so much faster than oils the time is cut in half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Cindy!
    I can literally feel my feet being washed over by this beautiful cold water! What a glorious painting. Your work is beautiful! Hope your Thanksgiving weekend has been filled with peace and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.