Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Many Mushrooms

I just can't stop seeing mushrooms!  I know it is a bit obsessive but their colors and shapes and endless variety seem to fascinate me.  I want to promise that before I paint another mushroom I will study them so that I can identify them by name...notice that is a promise I want to make....
This little study is 8" tall by 6" wide, done on cradled board and ready to be tucked into a special place.  I think it is very much a "feeling" piece as opposed to a "compositionally-correct" piece. 
That is, this confusion of color and shapes and distraction is exactly the way
the floor of the forest "feels" to me when I hike and, of course,
search for fungi specimen.  It's beautiful and abstract and then, wow, there's a
mushroom, and then there is another, and
another and another.
Suddenly there is a composition, suddenly it all falls together and begins
to have a very nice shape and flow to it.  Just takes a bit of study
and patience.


 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised it sold so quickly. Nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's absolutely wonderful! Congrats on the quick sale, too!

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.