Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lighthearted Limes Meet Laughing Lemons

In the LIMElight: Lighthearted Limes take the stage with laughing lemons.  Couldn't resist.  Sometimes you need to paint something that is sheer joy, color and movement, no deep meaning, no heavy context, just fun to paint.  These were done on red paper with the plan to leave paper showing...wow!  Red always makes me stop and look.  The Laughing Lemons below were designed to pop off the blue background.  While both are smallish ( 6 x 6) they are matted in an offwhite mat that is sized 8 x 10 so it will fit in a standard, off the rack frame (looking really sleek in black).  And, to keep the giggle going they, of course, are not centered vertically on the mats.  Sometimes you need to buck the rules.


I just smile when I see these...tempted to hang them in my kitchen...or better yet: my laundry room...I need a smile when I am in that room!  Hope they tickle your fancy as well.                   Buy Here


2 comments:

  1. love the joyfullness and colors Cindy, just going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks donna, girls just wanna have fun??

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.