Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dreaming of Spring

BUY HERE

A lot of folks are dreaming of spring, understandably!  This piece is titled "Basking" and was done one day after I was really chilly from continuously painting snow scenes.  I needed a dose of spring and created it for myself... the zebra swallowtail butterflies were the perfect cure for spring fever.  This is another one of my mixed media with graphite done on an 8" x 8" wooden board that is cradeled with a 3/4" deep trim.  No other frame needed.
(hmmm, my original seems much darker than this reproduction, I must have washed it out in the photographing...so sorry.)  Have a great week and may you discover a hint of spring in it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised it's sold. This is really just lovely. I think your artwork is very exciting and I'd love to be able to see it in person some day.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.