Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Road Not Travelled

A road not travelled is always an
intrigue to me and this one in the snow carried an extra air of mystery because everything
was so, so quiet in the early morning as the sun came up.  I like paintings that take
you somewhere, even when I am not certain exactly where it is going...I like to imagine what might be around the curve, what might surprise me or comfort me.  Rounding the curve in this painting is like the sun coming up: it is a blank slate and a new beginning.  This is a 6 x 9 pastel on paper but it is matted in white to fit a standard  9 x 12 frame of your choice.  Yes, I'm still painting snow...more to come! 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful painting Cindy, you have captured the light beautifully and that sense of a cold winter morning.

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.