Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introducing....CAROL!

I'm sharing a painting from my friend Carol Schiff who paints with me (for 5 years!!) in our Pieces of 8 gang on Mondays.  About a year ago Carol started painting with a group known as "daily painters."
This means that they paint and post a painting a day...talk about a lot of production!  Wow!  Most paintings are small, about 5 x 7, but it takes a lot of committment to complete one a day.  However, that said, I will also add that Carol's results have soared as a result of the discipline.  Soooo, I am happy to introduce you to her work here and if you wish to follow her blog check in at: www.carolschiffstudio.blogspot.com.  Meanwhile, don't you love these carrots...and I've sampled the recipe she includes so I will vouch for it!  Enjoy.


I am having a painting give-away on my Etsy sites.  Every time you purchase a painting from CarolSchiffStudio or my other site, CarolOnEdge, between January 1, 2011 and March 31, 2011 you will win a chance in the drawing.  Now I would like you to think that I will sell several hundred paintings during that time, but the truth is the number will probably be under 25-30.  So your chances would be very good of wining the free 6x8" painting which is a $99. value.  This is my way to thank those of you who support my Etsy sites and original art.  I will announce the winner on April 1st.  No Joke!  Good luck!!

It's just a bunch of carrots, but it  reminds me of one of my favorite meals, Beef Bourguignon. With another cold front on it's way and the possibility of more freezing temperatures, a day at home with a meal simmering in the slow cooker sounds like a win/win situation.  Give it a try!

Purchase here

BEEF BOURGUIGNON

2 TBS olive oil
8 slices bacon, diced
4 lbs beef chuck roast cut in small cubes
Salt
Pepper 8-10 carrots peeled and sliced diagonally
4 yellow onions sliced
4 large cloves chopped garlic
4 cups red wine
4 cups beef broth
3 TBS tomato paste
1 tsp thyme
1 1/2 lbs sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup flour

Mix flour with salt and pepper.  Dredge beef cubes, then brown in olive oil.  Put in slow cooker.
Saute bacon, onions, garlic, more salt and pepper until slightly brown. Add to slow cooker.  Add the red wine and enough beef broth to cover.  Add the tomato paste and thyme. Cook on approx 8 hours, until meat is very tender.  During the last hour, add the mushrooms.

Delicious smells will permeate your home all day.

I like to serve this with home made mashed potatoes or salad and crusty bread.
Think of me while you are enjoying this.
Carol Schiff

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Love Carol's work.

    I will eat carrots later today. Thanks for the prompt.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete

Include your comment below, will forgo the word verification part until I receive spam.