Join me....

I believe that art enriches and informs our lives everyday in many positive ways. Sharing those experiences, whether as an artist or as an appreciator, is part of the pleasure. I welcome your comments and hope you find something of value: a laugh, an insight, a new idea or just a happy moment. Enjoy art!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Channeling Qiang Huang

Qiang Huang is the most efficient painter I have ever observed.  He studies his set up, mixes a color, places one stroke and steps back.  Chances are very good that he will not touch that spot again!  Oh, for an eye that accurate!

All of the "wanna-bes" in his recent Melbourne workshop were astounded that he spent twice as much time looking as he did stroking...so of course we are inspired to try likewise.  After failing to capture a 3-stroke rose a la Qiang, I switched over to a pumpkin I had waiting to be made into pie.  Pumpkin posed, I channeled Qiang and, while I have miles more to go, I was slightly more satisfied with the results.

Ok, so now it is back to arrange another set up, light it and try again.  Bear with me...it's just like dancing: the experts make it look so easy and graceful while others of us contend with two left feet!
Post a Comment